Friday, December 5, 2014

Dudley's Dagger Dungeon?

Well, this semi-custom knife gig has rolled along quite nicely.  I have a steady stream of knives and sheaths to do and it is a great diversion from building big furniture.  Honestly, sometimes doing furniture gets a little boring and doesn't have the creativity that keeps me whole.  Which is why I come up with all these crazy small projects and products to play with, like concrete table tops and custom knives and fishing lures!  It just makes me happy.  That's all.

So then the question arises, do I develop another company name for the knife thing and another website?  Sort of like the www.woodenammo.com thing?  As a good friend suggested, maybe I call it Dudley's Dagger Dungeon!  With the motto: "Gut, Stab, Cut, and Slash Your Way Through Life..."  Maybe that's a little extreme though and draws away from the focus.  Basically I do hunting knives, survival knives, and kitchen knives.  In that order.  How about Wild Cherry Knife Co.??  That might work.  I do a little restoration work as well.  Someone has an old knife that needs a new handle, like a family heirloom or something.  Gets a bit pricey, but sometimes it is worth it.  Motto: "Make that old knife slice and dice like new again!"  Well, we shall see how this goes.  I am going to try and get one knife made in the different styles that are commonly ordered for Fryeburg next year so people can see and hold them and hopefully order their own.  The key is to order it AT Fryeburg, because I have had numerous folks call the end of November about Christmas delivery.  Already booked!!!  It takes about 3-4wks to get a knife done.  I have to order the knife blanks and supplies that I don't have already, which takes a week, and then it takes a week to get the knife done and sheath as well.  That is assuming I have nothing to do in front of it, so I would say 6-8wks is probably a better thing to say.

Well, regardless, I have been able to invest in new machinery to make the process go smoother and the final product come out better.  I may or may not come up with a new website.  That all costs money and then you need to design the site and all.  Stay tuned on the Wild Cherry Woodworks FaceBook page as that is where the newest pictures show up first...




No comments:

Post a Comment